The 2016 NBA Eastern Conference Finals between the Toronto Raptors and the Cleveland Cavaliers tipped off on Tuesday night in Game 1, which marks a series match up between the top two seeded Eastern Conference teams.
Unfortunately for the Raptors, they could not maintain the pace and effectiveness offensively after the first quarter (Cavs led 33-28 after the first quarter). Additionally, the Raptors were not able to provide any resistance defensively in the game, as the Cavaliers pulled away in the second quarter and ultimately never looked back.
Game 2 of the 2016 Eastern Conference Finals will tip off Thursday May 19th at 8:30pm ET in Cleveland at Quicken Loans Arena.
The Game in Numbers:
– The Cavs won the game by a 31 point margin, 115-84. Cavs biggest lead in the game was 35 points.
– The Cavs pulled away in the second quarter, outscoring the Raptors 33-16; a 17 point advantage.
– The Cavaliers had a plus-22 rebounding advantage over the Raptors, 45-23. Cavs had a 35-19 advantage on the defensive glass.
– Points in the paint: Cavaliers, 56. Raptors, 36.
– Second chance points: Cavaliers, 13. Raptors, 4.
– Fast break points: Cavaliers, 16. Raptors, 7.
Notable Raptors stat lines:
Patrick Patterson – Eight points, four assists, two rebounds
Bismack Biyombo – 12 points, four rebounds, two steals
DeMar DeRozan – 18 points, five assists
James Johnson – Ten points, four rebounds, one steal
Notable Cavaliers stat lines:
LeBron James – 24 points (11-13 from the field), six rebounds, four assists, two steals, one block
Kevin Love – 14 points, four rebounds, three assists, one steal
Kyrie Irving – 27 points, five assists, two rebounds, two blocks, two steals
Richard Jefferson – Nine points, 11 rebounds
Postgame Media Sessions:
DeMar DeRozan & Kyle Lowry
“The Cleveland Cavaliers speak with the media following ther Game 1 victory.”
Postgame Locker Room Reactions: