Now that we have previewed all the Power 5 Conferences, it’s time for the top 25, and the playoff picks, so without further ado….
- Ohio State- Buckeyes look to avenge last year’s embarrassing semi-final loss.
- Alabama- In the playoff every year until further notice or Saban retires….
- Washington- A top 10 team that is somehow being overlooked.
- Florida State- How will the OL come together? We will find out Saturday.
- Penn State- Probably best offense in NCAA. Game at Ohio State will be fantastic.
- USC- Probably slightly overrated, but QB is the real deal. Lost most of his weapons though.
- Oklahoma- Good roster, but unproven new coach.
- Oklahoma State- Not top 10 talent, but schedule sets up nicely.
- Wisconsin- All they do is win lots of games every single year.
- Clemson- They have to take a step-back after losing Watson, don’t they?
- Stanford- Games against USC and Washington will determine how high they go.
- Auburn- Big upgrade at QB, can they challenge Bama?
- Louisville- Lamar Jackson did win the Heisman last year, right?
- South Florida- Again, not on talent, but won’t have more than 1 loss.
- Florida- If QB is steady, this is too low, if not, this is too high.
- Georgia- Have QB and RB, do they have OL?
- LSU- Guice is nice, but no QB. Guice will be in NY for the Heisman Ceremony.
- Michigan- Only returning 5 starters, will likely lose a game(s) they shouldn’t.
- Miami- Mark Richt has things headed in the right direction.
- Kansas State- Bill Snyder wins game, and schedules weak OOC.
- Virginia Tech- Their half of the ACC should lead to a few extra wins.
- Tennessee- Too much talent to not end up ranked, if not, bye bye Butch.
- Washington State- The mad Pirate will beat up on bad teams, and lose to the good ones.
- Houston- I think Herman’s old team wins more than his new one.
- Appalachian State- Slight homer pick, but will be favored in all but 1 game.
Ohio State beats FSU, and Bama gets Washington again in a rematch.
The two greatest coaches currently in college football face off, and this time, I give the nod to Urban Meyer and Ohio State to win the National Title.