Welcome to another edition of the Eagles Weekly Recap. The NFL trade deadline has come and gone, and the Eagles were one of the few teams that pulled off a blockbuster move as they sure up their roster for the next stretch of the season. Let’s get into it:
- This afternoon, the Eagles will host Von Miller and the Denver Broncos. While the Broncos are dealing with a mess at the quarterback position, recently benching Trevor Siemian for Brock Osweiler, their defense still sits as one of the best in the league, and will prove to be a test for Carson Wentz and the Eagles offense. Kickoff is scheduled for 1 p.m.
- Now for the biggest news of the week, the Eagles traded a fourth-round pick to the Miami Dolphins for running back Jay Ajayi. Although he racked up over 1,200 rushing yards in 2016, coach Adam Gase soured on the 24-year-old, believing his best days have come and gone. The Eagles however believe that they can coach Ajayi to achieve the breakout success he saw last season.
- In some injury news, both tight end Zach Ertz (hamstring), and cornerback Ronald Darby (ankle) are listed as questionable for today. A Darby return would mark his first action since the Week 1 victory over the Washington Redskins. After suffering a concussion in last week’s game, cornerback Patrick Robinson has since been cleared to return.
- Speaking of being cleared, the NFL reviewed and subsequently cleared tackle Fletcher Cox of any possible suspension following a hit on Joe Staley last week that resulted in the tackle suffering a broken orbital bone. It was said that Cox could still possibly see a fine although no word on that has yet to come.
- A congratulations goes to cornerback Jalen Mills, who was named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week. Mills recorded three tackles and an impressive pick-six to help lift the Eagles over the San Francisco 49ers.
- Another huge congratulations goes to quarterback Carson Wentz who was named the NFC Offensive Player of the Month for October. Wentz has been playing lights-out this season, including a four touchdown performance against the Arizona Cardinals, and is leading the conversation for this year’s MVP award.
That’s it for this week. Stay tuned with Total Sports Live for the latest involving the Philadelphia Eagles.