The Cavs defeated the Dallas Mavericks 128-90. This one wasn’t much of a contest from the beginning. Cleveland outscored Dallas 36-16 in the first quarter. Dallas barely eclipsed 36 points in the entire first half. They went to halftime with 38 points.
Some scribbles on the game –
- The Cavs are a really, really, good basketball team. The Mavericks are a very poor basketball team at the moment. It’s hard to say that a blowout of this magnitude was expected, but this one certainly wasn’t supposed to be close.
- Kyrie Irving picked up where Kevin Love left off Wednesday against the Blazers. Irving had a perfect first half, going eight of eight from the field including four of four from deep. He had 19 points in the opening period and 21 in the first half. It wasn’t exactly the 34-point outburst Love had Wednesday, but it was impressive nonetheless.
- The Cavs continue to shoot the ball really well from deep. In every single game this season they have hit 10 or more three pointers. Tonight against Dallas the Cavs hit 20 three pointers. Against Portland on Wednesday they hit 21. 41 three pointers in a two-game stretch is incredible.
- Kevin Love was the leading scorer for the Cavs again tonight, tallying 27 points on 14 attempts from the floor. He also hit seven shots from deep.
- For the first time in team history, the Cavaliers have won 12 of their first 14 games.
- LeBron James played in his 1,000th career game tonight. He finished with a line of 19 points 11 assists and five rebounds. Look for more on why I think he’s playing the best basketball of his career tomorrow.