18to88 reader Merr checks in with a camp report:
- Sets of drills were right in front of me – like 60 feet.
- Hard to make definitive statements but Hughes was easily getting the corner on CJ and really jumped out at me.
- Had Foster at the other DE because Mathis and Freeney were in shorts. Foster beat Diem big time on one play and had to throttle it down near #18.
- Chick didn’t do much when I watched him.
- Gonzo looked good and quick.
- They rotated the #1’s in the receiving corps and exclusively used Reggie, Gonzo, Garcon and Collie. My opinion is that they’re planning on wearing teams down by rotating in fresh receivers.
- Juice didn’t impress me – tight hips.
- Giguere’s physique is impressive, easily the strongest best built receiver – reminds me of Clark minus 4 inches, not sure about his skill level.
- Tight ends look good too. We could be really deep in the skilled position category assuming good health.
- Peyton, of course, looked great.
- Addai and Sanders were in shorts.
- Adam Terry was too – looked to be limping to me and given his history I’d say he’s a real long shot.
- I thought Townsend actually looked pretty good to me and might be a decent stop-gap at corner.