The Cowboys had their hands full when they hosted the Washington Redskins, but they again pulled out another decisive win against a bitter rival.
The Cowboys swept the Redskins, and now take their division record to 3-1 with a 10-1 record overall which keeps the in the drivers seat for homefield advantage. The Seattle Seahawks are hot on their tails however with a 7-2-1 record.
This game illustrated in great deal why you need some semblance of a pass rush. The need for a legitimate pass rusher needs to be atop the Cowboys defensive needs for 2017. The Redskins ate us alive and put too much pressure on a depleted secondary. 449 yards is a horrendous stat line and a big red x for the defense.
If someone wants to beat the Cowboys it’ll need to be someone that can put up points and play very-very good defense. If you have both, you have a good chance of beating the Cowboys. Luckily for us, we have not faced anyone of that caliber, yet.
The Redskins were a formidable opponent, there is no denying that, but there is something to be said about this team which is led by Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott. Since the Cowboys inception in 1960, the franchise has never won 10 consecutive games – wow!
Here are my takes on the game:
- Dak Prescott needs to be in the league MVP talks. This guy is a good one. I am very impressed. He took care of the ball in a close game and took the team down the field with key scoring drives. Probably gets the gameball in my opinion.
- Sean Lee had a hell of a game, he was everywhere and made some big tackles. He carried the defense today, but barely.
- Ezekiel Elliott was held to 97 yards, but he scored 2 TDs. That opening TD set the tone for the game, and we led the entire game.
- Demarcus Lawrence is disappointing. He could not get a sack against Trent Williams backup. Sad.
- We need Barry Church and Mo Claiborne back soon. Claiborne > Scandrick.
- I thought Damien Wilson had some good moments in this game
- The sunlight into the stadium finally worked in the Cowboys favor. The two missed field goals were probably attributed to that in some way.
- Tyrone Crawford was man-handled by Morgan Moses, he had a bad game.
- Dak Prescott got it done with his arm and when needed he got it going on the ground, this is a tool that makes him a dangerous QB.
- The one plus, and maybe the only plus I like from the defense was the run defense. They corralled the Redskins RBs to just 54 yards. If we can just get our hands on a pass rush, this team would be blowing people out badly.
Who get’s your gameball for this victory? Take the poll below.
The Cowboys have 7 days, and they’ll be on the road against the Vikings for Thursday Night Football.
This has been a great Thanksgiving, I hope everyone enjoyed their time with friends, and loved ones. Most importantly though — How ‘Bout Them Cowboys!!!