The Cowboys improved to 9-1 after defeating the Ravens and their highly touted defense. Early on it had looked like the Ravens had figured out how to stop the Cowboys offense — it didn’t last.
The offensive line began to wear down the Raven’s defensive line in the 2nd half, something they have been doing most of the year now, it’s pretty much their identity.
We’ll go toe-to-toe against anyone, and our offensive line will take your will which leads to long scoring drives.
No question that adding Ezekiel Elliott behind this offensive line has been a homerun. The physical style has been too much for most teams to handle for an entire 4 quarters and it’s a beautiful thing, it’s familiar. I was in my teens the last time I saw the Cowboys dominate and win like they have been, it’s getting exciting around here.
Here are my takes from the game:
- Dak Prescott is a special talent. He has the ability to get this team in a winning position and this has been proven in close games. I love the pocket poise and his clutch decision making. His decision making is sound and something we haven’t seen here in a long time.
- The Cowboys offense put 417 yards on the Ravens defense.
- Dez Bryant had a nice game, he was able to take advantage of a depleted Ravens secondary. He ate their lunch and had two touchdowns.
- Cole Beasley had a signature game. He’s Mr. 1st down out there. Shifty and knows where the 1st down marker is. He seems to have a better rapport with Dak than Romo.
- Jack Crawford had today’s only sack, but the pressure was there from the other guys especially in the 2nd half.
- Jason Witten had another solid game with 5 catches. I swear they may have all been for 1st downs. He had a nice game.
- Ezekiel Elliott came into the game with 1,005 yards, just 2 yards short of Tony Dorsett’s rookie rushing record of 1,007. The way the season is going, Elliott will smash that record and it may stand for many years.
- 3rd down efficiency was 58% today, this mainly came in the 2nd half. The Ravens did not have an answer for our offense and they knew it.
- This 2016 defense is playing very good, and you have to wonder how good this defense could be in the coming years if they add a legit pass rusher
- Gavin Escobar will see more time with Swaim on IR. He had two nice catches.
Who gets your game ball for the victory over the Ravens? Take the poll.
Solid win against a very good defense.
Next game: Redskins (Thanksgiving)