Bruins and Lightning are tied for second place in the East. Winner takes it tonight. Tampa’s 5-3-2 in last 10; Boston’s 7-3-0. Not bad.
Tampa’s goal differential is pretty horrid for a second-placed team. Maybe it’s because things like this happen:
Bruins also scored eight goals that game. That’s the type of shenanigans you get when Mike Smith is in net. It’s also when Savard made his comeback debut in Boston.
Marc Savard returned and the Bruins celebrated in grand style. They forgot they played hockey and scored a touchdown. Then gave Tampa Bay the finger and went for the two point conversion. They drove one Lightning goalie from the net and embarrassed the other. They held Stamkos pointless. They held St. Louis pointless.
Sadface. We miss Savvy.
Kalman’s going to be hosting a live chat event during the game. We’ll probably log in. We’re going to try to not ruin this happy even for him. We fear the Kal-Man Clutch.
After the jump… projected roster, game day links and game day video…
Nothing to do with the Lightning but still awesome. This is one of the few times we like Ovie.
Projected Roster (Boston.com):
Milan Lucic-David Krejci-Nathan Horton
Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Mark Recchi
Rich Peverley-Chris Kelly-Michael Ryder
Gregory Campbell-Daniel Paille-Shawn Thornton
Zdeno Chara-Johnny Boychuk
Dennis Seidenberg-Steven Kampfer
Tomas Kaberle-Adam McQuaid
Looks like Pie is in and Seguin is out. This makes no sense since Seggy played real well during that road trip. We’re assuming they want Seguin to watching Stamkos from up top. Who knows.
Game Day Links
- Looks like Corneilius over at HockeyBlogAdventure is updating regularly again. This is good. We approve.
- Chia-pet makes the Bruins legit Cup contenders.
- Wicked Good Sports: Screw ESPN’s 3D. CSN presents CSN4D!
- Trevor Gillies is retarded. That’s the only reason he’d do this the same night he comes back from a 9-game suspension.
- Shawn Thornton talks about being in the latest DKM video. He shoots whiskey with cute girls and Lucic gets pelted by snowballs.
- Haggs talks about Chis “Terrorist” Kelly’s work ethic and hard playing.
Game Day Video
Time to Go!