When you are turning from an amateur tennis player to a professional, the most important thing that you need to worry about is the right pair of shoes for tennis. Without the perfect pair of shoes, no player can give his best performance. So, choosing the right pair of shoes is of utmost necessity for a player, no matter which game it is because, without the comfort, you cannot expect the best out of the player.
When To Get A New Pair Of Shoes?
The first thing you need to assess is whether you need a new pair of shoes. As long as you do not face any severe issues with your shoes, do not unnecessarily change them. If you feel that your shoes have started feeling heavy after being worn for some time or your toes ache after wearing the shoes, causing you discomfort and difficulty to move, then you should go for a new pair of tennis shoes. Finding the right kind of shoe is very important because your performance depends on how comfortable you are in that pair. If you are buying them for the first time, you have to be utterly sure that you are fine in those shoes. Tennis shoes are usually a bit heavy.
Things To Consider
While you are buying a new set of shoes, here are some of the factors based on which you should make a choice.
- Comfort: The first and foremost requirement about shoes is whether you feel comfortable while you put them on. You may come across a large number of shoes which at expensive but they may not be comfortable. The comfort depends on the material which the shoe is made up of. Shoes made up of materials whose breathability is a less can affect your feet, making you feel uncomfortable. Your shoe should have proper ventilation. Also, buy shoes which perfectly fit your size.
- Shock Absorption: Tennis shoes are usually heavy. To lighten their weight, sometimes the shock absorption factor is sacrificed. The player has to suffer while playing on a concrete floor for a lounge time. The joints of the player will start aching. If you have chosen the pair of shoes with great shock absorption facility, make sure it is durable.
- Weight: Shoes that are heavier can slow you down and hence tamper with your performance. Go for shoes which are light in weight and also have all the features in them. That is going to be the best deal. However, lighter tennis shoes tend to have a low quality shock absorption facility and also cannot provide good support.
- Durability: Durability is the most important aspect that needs to be taken care of while buying a new pair of tennis shoes; the material which the shoe is made up of accounts for its durability. The shoes whose soles are stitched to the upper part of the shoe are more durable as compared to the ones who are glued. Also, the inner soles which are hard last longer than the soft soles which wear out soon.
- Grip: The pair of shoes should also be able to provide proper grip.
Hence, pick up the pair of tennis shoes that are packed with the goodness of all of the above benefits and also great to look at.