- The Story: Every single ESPN “expert” predicted the Yankees to win the ALCS. The Monkey Says: The same experts almost all predicted the Red Sox to beat the Angels in the last round, so they can shove their predictions where the sun don’t shine.
- The Story: Weather will be a major issue for Games 1 and 2 in New York. The Monkey Says: Assuming the games don’t get rained out, the players are going to have to deal with damp conditions and cold temperature with forecasts calling for temperatures in the low 40s.
- The Story: The Yankees dropped slugger Eric Hinske from the roster in favor of speedy outfielder Freddy Guzman. The Monkey Says: The Yanks are adding some speed to their bench to try and keep up with the Angels.
- The Story: The Angel roster is unchanged from the ALDS to the ALCS. The Monkey Says: No surprise here.
- The Story: The Angels reportedly offered Bobby Abreu a 2-year, $16 million contract extension and he turned it down. The Monkey Says: Bobby wants more money as he was making $15 million per year before this year. The two sides seem to want each other, so expect them to find a middle ground.
- The Story: The Angels continue to keep Nick Adenhart’s memory alive. The Monkey Says: This has been covered extensively locally, but is only getting attention now nationally.
- The Story: Torii Hunter is running on adrenaline. The Monkey Says: And the Angels are feeding off that excitement. Hunter continues to lead the team with his energy and enthusiasm.