- The Story: The two-year, $16 million deal rumored to be offered to Bobby Abreu appears to be a correct valuation. The Monkey Says: Nobody told Bobby though because he turned it down. He appears to want more money, but I think even after his great year that he is going to get much more than what the Halos are offering.
- The Story: The two LCS series are doing well in the ratings so far. The Monkey Says: Having multiple big media markets on both coasts is certainly helping, but the ALCS ratings are sure to plummet if the Angels don’t get back in the series this afternoon.
- The Story: The Yankees couldn’t sellout Game 1 of the ALCS. The Monkey Says: This just shows how the Yanks’ homefield advantage is deteriorating. If the Angels can take care of business in Anaheim, they still have a good chance of stealing a game in the Bronx and winning the series, despite the events of the first two games.
- The Story: Why does Jeter thrive and Vlad choke in the playoffs? The Monkey Says: No, Jeter isn’t magical, he’s just good and Vlad is breaking down physically and just can’t hit good pitching anymore.
- The Story: Jered Weaver refuses to let the Angels give up. The Monkey Says: I like the talk, now he better walk the walk and shutdown the Yankees tonight and get the win to give the Halos new life in the ALCS.
- The Story: Why Vladimir Guerrero won’t be moved out of the clean-up spot. The Monkey Says: Those are all valid reasons, but none of them hold enough water to support this continual exercise in stubbornness and myopia. For this reason alone I am hoping the Angels let Vlad walk in the off-season.
- The Story: Torii Hunter had a bad feeling right before A-Rod’s game-tying homer in Game 2. The Monkey Says: Torii saw trouble the instant he saw Mathis set-up his glove on that fateful 0-2 pitch. How does the centerfielder realize it was a bad idea but nobody in the battery did? In a related story, I hate my life.