- The Story: Mike Scioscia won’t blame Vladimir Guerrero for not producing in Game 2. The Monkey Says: Sosh made these comments before Game 3 and refuses to change his batting order. I’d say he is pretty happy with that decision right now.
- The Story: CC Sabathia is used to starting on short rest. The Monkey Says: Sabathia made several short rest starts in 2008 and knows what to expect mentally, but that doesn’t mean his 300+ pound body is going to be ready for it.
- The Story: Dustin Moseley is hoping to return in 2010. The Monkey Says: This hardly seems like the time to be spending time worrying about an injury-prone reliever, but OK, I’ll bite. Moseley can hope all he wants, but the Angels may not be waiting for him since his mysterious arm troubles still haven’t been properly figured out and it seems unlikely they will save a 40-man roster spot for him as a result.
- The Story: Halos Heaven has video evidence that Mariano Rivera might have been throwing spitballs last night. The Monkey Says: The evidence certainly looks suspect, but given how long he has been in the league and never once been accused of such shenanigans, so I remain dubious.
- The Story: Mike Scioscia pushed all the right managerial buttons last night. The Monkey Says: The Fox announcers were actively second-guessing Scioscia throughout the game, but they ended up eating healthy servings of crow by the end of the game.
- The Story: Everyone is second-guessing Joe Girardi’s use of the bullpen in Game 3. The Monkey Says: Girardi seemed hellbent on burning every arm in his bullpen for no apparent reason and nearly did so. That his moves blew up in his face so badly could be good news for the Angels as Girardi is quite likely to start questioning himself the rest of the series.