- The Story: The MLB commissioner’s office has cleared Mariano Rivera in accusations of throwing a spitball in Game 3 of the ALCS. The Monkey Says: No surprise here, as much as I would like to see the Yankees get busted as cheaters, I never really believed these allegations.
- The Story: Darren Oliver has been the Angels post-season MVP so far. The Monkey Says: No arguments here. Much like the regular season, Oliver has been a calming force out of the pen and done all he can to keep the Halos in each game he has appeared in.
- The Story: Mike Scioscia is in mourning of the slain UConn football player. The Monkey Says: Sosh is the godfather of UConn’s QB and through him knew the late Jasper Howard well. My condolences go out to Howard’s loved ones.
- The Story: The Yankees and Angels will both workout on their off day today. The Monkey Says: Hopefully the Angels will be working on remembering how to hit.
- The Story: A call for instant replay has gone out after the botched calls in Game 4 of the ALCS. The Monkey Says: Purists can shut up on this one because three calls could have been easily corrected with the use of replay last night. Still, it will probably never happen.
- The Story: Is John Lackey “ace” enough for the Angels? The Monkey Says: The Angels better hope so if they want to send the series back to New York.
- The Story: The Sporting News name Mike Scioscia their AL Manager of the Year. The Monkey Says: This should just be a precursor to Sosh winning the real award a few weeks from now.
- The Story: Tim McClelland’s botched call on Cano and Posada being tagged out at third is being called the “worst call of all time.” The Monkey Says: I don’t know if it is the worst of all time, but it was pretty horrific, especially for a crew chief.