- The Story: Do Bobby Abreu or Johnny Damon have Hall of Fame credentials? The Monkey Says: I’ll save you the time and just let you know that it is a definitive “no” on both counts.
- The Story: Tim Salmon is returning to Angel Stadium to throw the ceremonial first pitch tonight. The Monkey Says: The Angels are hoping that bringing back one of their greats will give them some luck.
- The Story: Mike Napoli was told in Game 4 that he was blocking the umpires view of the strike zone. The Monkey Says: They showed the conversation on the telecast and many blame the ump for Kazmir’s bad night and this certainly lends credence to that, but it still doesn’t explain why Kazmir couldn’t get his slider to the plate.
- The Story: Chone Figgins draws inspiration from Manny Ramirez. The Monkey Says: Figgy admires him for his positive attitude when the Manny and the Red Sox overcame a 3-1 deficit in the 2007 ALCS and not for him failing to perform in this year’s NLCS loss by the Dodgers.
- The Story: Mike Scioscia is keeping cool in the face of elimination. The Monkey Says: Sosh hopes his attitude can permeate the clubhouse and keep everyone calm enough to mount a comeback.
- The Story: Arte Moreno believes his success as an owner is because he puts the fans before profit. The Monkey Says: How can anyone not love this guy?
- The Story: Torii Hunter is feeling the pressure to lead by example on the field. The Monkey Says: Hunter is clearly pressing at the plate, but the Angels need him to loosen up.
- The Story: The Angels might have to reconsider aggressively re-signing John Lackey in the face of Scott Kazmir’s failing. The Monkey Says: The Angels could be in danger of having nothing even close to an ace for next year’s post-season which might force their hand to pay top dollar to keep Lackey in town.