- The Story: Check out the glow from the halo on the renovated Big A outside Angel Stadium. The Monkey Says: Let’s just hope the Angels get another chance to light up the Halo this year.
- The Story: The Sporting News named Torii Hunter to their end of season AL All-Star team. The Monkey Says: A nice honor for Torii who would have been an MVP candidate this year if not for a mid-season trip to the disabled list.
- The Story: MLB executives are supporting their umpires in the face of a rash of botched calls in the ALCS. The Monkey Says: On the other hand they are also making sure to assign on their best and most senior umpires to the World Series instead of the tradition of naming at least umpire with no World Series experience.
- The Story: The Rockpile Guy has been identified as Jose Cervera from El Cajon. The Monkey Says: Amazingly he was not drunk when he was arrested but will still face trespassing charges for his frolic through the rock pile.
- The Story: Brian Fuentes admits he didn’t have his best stuff last night. The Monkey Says: Really, Tito? I could have never guessed. When was the last time you did have your best stuff? May?
- The Story: The Cleveland Indians have received permission to interview Ron Roenicke for their manager’s opening. The Monkey Says: The Indians have several more high-profile candidates on the list, so Roenicke seems like a long shot but it shows how well though of he is.
- The Story: Rain is in the forecast for Game 6. The Monkey Says: A postponement would be interesting for the Angels because it means that John Lackey could pitch on short rest in a potential Game 7, but it also suggests that there will be more cold weather which hasn’t exactly worked out for the Halos so far.