- The Story: Some fans complained about former Dodger manager Tommy Lasorda’s behavior and language when he attended a game at Angel Stadium. The Monkey Says: Classy guy that Lasorda.
- The Story: Mike Scioscia takes umbrage with all the off days MLB schedules during the league championship series. The Monkey Says: The extra off day inserted into this year’s schedule allowed the Yankees to use a three-man rotation which I am sure Sosh was not so pleased with. I can’t say I blame him.
- The Story: MLB got a little ahead of themselves and started selling Yankee AL champ merchandise BEFORE Game 6 had even been played. The Monkey Says: Karma should have punished them, but failed. Stupid karma.
- The Story: The Angels lost due to a lack of poise. The Monkey Says: I want to argue against that, but then I remembered that the Halos can’t even field a sac bunt.
- The Story: Even though the Angels lost in the ALCS, they should be proud of the season they turned in. The Monkey Says: That is certainly true, but I think the loss is still too fresh for anyone to put real stock in that kind of evaluation.
- The Story: Vladimir Guerrero’s mom and his ability to play the field will affect which team he plays for next year. The Monkey Says: It sounds like Vlad is reluctant to move his family but also wants a chance to play the field again. All signs point to him taking a cheap deal to stay in Anaheim if the Angels are willing to bring him back.