- The Story: Gary Matthews is demanding to be traded or released this off-season. The Monkey Says: Matthews wants to be an everyday player. I want to have a three-way with Megan Fox and Joanna Krupa. Neither of these things will be happening in my lifetime. The Angels would probably love to unload Matthews but will be lucky to get any talent or salary relief in return.
- The Story: Darren Oliver will once again contemplate retirement this winter. The Monkey Says: DO had a fantastic season so he can obviously still play, but he also may want to go out on a high note. Let’s hope he sticks around for another year at least because I can’t imagine how horrid the Angel bullpen would be without him.
- The Story: In case you missed it, HBO’s Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel did a piece on Nick Adenhart last night. The Monkey Says: I don’t get HBO but I hear it was a wonderful segment and will be shown again later this week. Set your DVR accordingly.
- The Story: The Angels will let Nick Adenhart’s parents decide what to do with his locker. The Monkey Says: Nick’s locker hasn’t been touched since he died as part of their tribute to him and the team is offering to make it a permanent memorial if that is what his parents want to do.
- The Story: ESPN and Baseball Prospectus combine to review the Angels’ season. The Monkey Says: The bottom line of the piece is that the Angels were mild overachievers this year and will only get worse in an increasingly competitive division. In other words, nobody believes in the 2010 Angels and it is still 2009. Big mistake, ESPN.