- The Story: None of ESPN’s 22 baseball “experts” picked the Angels to win the World Series. The Monkey Says: Only one expert even picked them to reach the World Series but 10 of the 22 predicted the Angels to beat the Red Sox. On a related note, why the hell does ESPN need 22 freaking baseball analysts???
- The Story: Keith Law breaks down the keys to the Red Sox-Angels series. The Monkey Says: At the end of the day Law thinks the Angels stand a better chance but just don’t have the pitching, especially in the pen, to get the job done. I really hate it when people make sense.
- The Story: Torii Hunter still privately roots for the Twins. The Monkey Says: It is actually kind of refreshing to see a player who still loves his old club rather than harboring resentment towards them for letting him go.
- The Story: Former Red Sox Curt Schilling thinks Mike Scioscia needs to stay aggressive in the post-season. The Monkey Says: Now even the former competition is complaining about Sosh going into a shell during the playoffs every year. Great.
- The Story: A final decision has yet to be made on whether or not Jason Bulger is healthy enough to be on the playoff roster. The Monkey Says: Bulger says he is ready to go, but the trainers and Mike Scioscia will have the final say.
- The Story: Howie Kendrick’s mid-season demotion taught him how to relax and “just play the game.” The Monkey Says: Let’s see if Howie can translate that mantra to the post-season after seeing him turn into a nervous wreck last ALDS.