- The Story: Mike Scioscia is a natural-born leader. The Monkey Says: I would certainly hope so, otherwise the real secret to longevity as a Southern California baseball manager is really more about being an overweight Italian guy (see Tommy Lasorda).
- The Story: Once again Mike Scioscia called out to Bud Selig to eliminate all the off days in the post-season schedule. The Monkey Says: Sosh is really not going to let go of the fact that the extra off day in the ALCS allowed the Yankees to use a three-man rotation for six games with only one pitcher ever having to work on short rest.
- The Story: And it turns out Bud Selig was listening to Scioscia’s gripes and has agreed to tighten up the post-season schedule. The Monkey Says: The details haven’t been worked out yet, but it sounds like Bud is probably going to have to negotiate with the TV partners to find something that works. I just hope it somehow involves Tim McCarver being banned from the announcer’s booth.
- The Story: The Angels will have a new practice uniform this year. The Monkey Says: It is nothing too crazy, so don’t go getting worked up. Pretty much the only noticeable change is that the practice hat is all red instead of blue with a red brim.
- The Story: Torii Hunter might have to undergo surgery to fix his lingering groin injury. The Monkey Says: Don’t panic, it is a minor surgery that should have him healthy again well before Spring Training.
- The Story: Might the Angels and Braves do a Gary Matthews for Derek Lowe swap. The Monkey Says: This is just an idea being floated, not a rumor, so don’t get too excited. This seems like a good idea for the Angels, but I am not so sure that Braves would be interested even if it does save them money.
- The Story: Dick Enberg wants to return to broadcasting baseball and Halos Heaven think the Angels should go after him. The Monkey Says: Sold. I doubt it will happen, but the Angels really do need to start looking into overhauling their broadcast team as the general sentiment is that the current guys aren’t very good, especially when you flick up one channel on the dial and hear the golden pipe of Vin Scully calling games for SoCal’s other baseball club.