- The Story: A memorial service for Rory Markas will be held on Thursday. The Monkey Says: The event is a private event, but I thought people might want to know about it anyway.
- The Story: The Angels’ payroll math gets explained. The Monkey Says: As I said when they signed Rodney, the Angels are out of money unless they can clear some budget room with a trade. This is pretty much the team the Angels will be opening the season with.
- The Story: The Angels Spring Training calendar is available. The Monkey Says: Almost a month until pitchers and catchers report and the team still has plenty of unfinished business (i.e. finding a fifth starter, trading Gary Matthews, etc.).
- The Story: Torii Hunter discusses Mark McGwire’s steroid admission. The Monkey Says: Hunter was actually pretty understanding of Big Mac, as well a 34-year old coming off a career season probably should (relax, I am just playing around).
- The Story: Torii Hunter talks electronics at CES. The Monkey Says: Just in case you ever wondered what Torii’s big screen TV preferences are.
- The Story: Profiling Angel prospect Tommy Mendoza. The Monkey Says: Calling Mendoza the equivalent of Dustin Moseley is pretty much all you need to know about how excited anyone should be over Mendoza’s strong 2009 minor league performance.