- The Story: Angel farmhand Roberto Toribio was suspended for performance-enhancing drugs. The Monkey Says: Toribio has spent the last two seasons playing for the Angels’ Dominican Summer League team, so this hardly sends shockwaves through farm system.
- The Story: Hideki Matsui is up to the task of replacing Vladimir Guerrero. The Monkey Says: If by that they mean Matsui is up to the task of taking over the role of past-his-prime designated hitter with bad knees, then yes, he is.
- The Story: The CHONE projection system predicts a big falloff for the Halos next year. The Monkey Says: Get ready to hear a lot about how the Angels got lucky last year because almost every hitter on the team had a career year, this is just the beginning. And, yes, it is deliciously ironic that a stat system called CHONE predicts the demise of the Angels in the same season that they lose Chone Figgins.
- The Story: Tony Reagins says the Angels are different and still very good. The Monkey Says: Well, he got the different part right at least. Whether or not they are still very good remains to be seen after all their free agent losses this winter.
- The Story: Jeff Biggs interviews Darin Erstad. The Monkey Says: Ersty is very candid in the interview and admits that his career might be over and that he is upset only with himself that he never really lived up to his full potential. Somehow Angel fans will find a way to forgive him.
- The Story: Profiling Angel prospect Dillon Baird. The Monkey Says: Interesting to note that Baird is getting a look at third base, which should accelerate his move through the Angel system since his lack of power doesn’t profile well at first base.