- The Story: Spring Training has started early for Angels’ young pitchers and catchers. The Monkey Says: The camp attendees are just prospects, but still, anything that hints at the start of baseball is sweet news to me.
- The Story: Tickets to the 2010 All-Star Fan Fest in Anaheim are on sale now. The Monkey Says: All-Star Game tickets are almost impossible to get, so the Fan Fest is probably the next best thing.
- The Story: Fuentes deserves more credit for the Angels’ 2009 success. The Monkey Says: Are you serious? The only thing Fuentes deserves more credit for is giving me an ulcer.
- The Story: ESPN’s Keith Law rates the Angels as having the 22nd best farm system. The Monkey Says: Law doesn’t like the upper-level talent in the Angel system and it is hard to blame him, but don’t be discouraged, every farm system goes through cycles. It wasn’t so long ago that the Halos boasted one of the best group of prospects in the game.
- The Story: A more statistical evaluation of farm systems ranks the Angels #7. The Monkey Says: I don’t know how trustworthy the system is but it does credit the Angels for having more depth in prospects rather even though they currently lack any surefire superstar type players.
- The Story: The Angels are poised to have a heavenly bullpen in 2010. The Monkey Says: With the return of Scot Shields, signing of Fernando Rodney and evolution of Kevin Jepsen and Jason Bulger, that sure is possible. But there are a lot of risk factors as well, so having a dominant bullpen is far from a guarantee.