- The Story: A prediction that Hideki Matsui will be the starting DH for the AL in the 2010 All-Star Game. The Monkey Says: That prediction isn’t as bold as it sounds since Godzilla is sure to get loads of votes from Japan especially since he is coming off a World Series MVP and playing for a new team.
- The Story: The Angels are getting ready to make an offer for Aroldis Chapman. The Monkey Says: It is about damn time. The Angels have been trying to play coy on Chapman, but I suspect they are about to make him a killer offer to make sure he ends up an Angel. After an off-season of free agent losses, Tony Reagins needs to make a splash and this could be it.
- The Story: There are plenty of unanswered questions facing the Angels in 2010. The Monkey Says: I’d try and make an insightful comment, but that article just made me incredibly depressed.
- The Story: Check out the City of Anaheim’s Rose Parade float featuring the Angels. The Monkey Says: I am still amazed that Anaheim has rolled over so quickly after the whole name change debacle that they even let this float happen.
- The Story: The Angel outfield defense could be a major problem this season. The Monkey Says: The sabermetric community continues to hate on Torii Hunter. He probably isn’t the Gold Glove caliber fielder he used to be, but the video tape doesn’t lie and he is still an above average fielder. Juan Rivera is like the exact opposite though as the stats love him, but watching him would never lead you to believe he was anything special in the field.