- The Story: The Texas Rangers reportedly made Vladimir Guerrero a one-year, $7 million contract offer. The Monkey Says: Seriously, can just one Angel sign with someone other than a hated rival? Vlad hasn’t accepted, but he would be stupid not to because nobody else is going to give him that much and he (or more accurately, his agent) is a fool if he thinks he is going to get a multi-year deal.
- The Story: The Angels remain in the hunt for Aroldis Chapman. The Monkey Says: Yup, the Chapman watch marches on as we are now officially a few days into Chapman making a decision in “the next few days.” The latest development in the Chapman saga is that Boston appears to be getting back into the mix. Of course they are, rat bastards.
- The Story: Peter Gammons believes the Angels will land Aroldis Chapman. The Monkey Says: Gammons thinks the presence of Kendry Morales gives them the edge, echoing the popular sentiment amongst other experts.
- The Story: The Rangers signed recently non-tendered Angel farmhand Matthew Brown. The Monkey Says: No big loss for the Angels as Brown will be lucky to land a bench job with Texas.
- The Story: Howie Kendrick is confident Brandon Wood will succeed this season. The Monkey Says: I hope Howie is right because the Halos don’t have a whole lot of other options at third base.
- The Story: The last year has been full of losses for the Angel organization. The Monkey Says: The article refers both to the deaths of Preston Gomez, Nick Adenhart and Rory Markas as well as the free agent losses the team suffered this off-season. On a related note, I am now officially depressed.