- The Story: Kevin Jepsen and Scot Shields both increased their long-toss program yesterday. The Monkey Says: When did long toss become newsworthy? Ugh, I can’t wait for the games to start already.
- The Story: Ervin Santana is hoping for a bounceback season. The Monkey Says: So are the rest of us. All jokes about it being an even year aside, Santana needs to prove his arm is healthy and his velocity is back before he is going to be trusted to perform this season.
- The Story: Erick Aybar and Maicer Izturis both look to replace Chone Figgins as the leadoff hitter. The Monkey Says: Sosh is dead set on rotating the two through the #1 hole, though I think finding a defensive position for Izturis to play is going to be more challenging than he thinks.
- The Story: Can Joe Saunders continue to win lots of games despite what the rest of his numbers suggest? The Monkey Says: I hate the popular refrain about Saundo that he “just wins games.” Luck is the only explanation for Saunders’ uncanny winning percentage, and if he doesn’t vastly improve his overall performance this season his luck is going to run out sooner than later.
- The Story: As the union rep for the Angels, Joe Saunders is skeptical of the new HGH blood test. The Monkey Says: I have yet to hear a compelling reason why MLBers are against blood tests. You’d think they would be a little more supportive of new testing measures after all the public backlash pertaining to the rampant steroid use in baseball the last two decades.
- The Story: The Angels’ annual spring toy drive keeps getting bigger. The Monkey Says: Enough about charity, I just want to know if anyone brought an ostrich into the clubhouse again.