- The Story: Why Mike Scioscia is the best manager in the game. The Monkey Says: If last year’s success with an injury and tragedy ravaged roster doesn’t tell you why Sosh is the best, then you just aren’t ever going to figure it out.
- The Story: Injury expert Will Carroll predicts the Angels to be one of the healthiest teams in baseball in 2010. The Monkey Says: Please be sure to tell that to the arms of all our starting pitchers because they apparently missed that memo last year.
- The Story: Tony Reagins and Mike Scioscia gives the Angels power at the top. The Monkey Says: But what good is that power if the duo can’t deliver a World Series title in the next few years?
- The Story: Brandon Wood is getting ready for his shot at a full-time job. The Monkey Says: I’ll be honest, I think that him having to compete for the job at all is horse crap. Wood has been a good soldier for years and it is time he be given his due. At a minimum, Wood should get the full-time gig for the first two months before the Angels bench or platoon him.
- The Story: Baseball Intellect’s profile of prospect Garrett Richards. The Monkey Says: Anything featuring a guy named “Garrett” makes the links any day. The report comes with video of Richards’ mechanics, which makes it more interesting than most profiles out there.
- The Story: The Angels bench has a lot to prove. The Monkey Says: I tend to disagree, the bench isn’t really any thinner than it was last season. They’ve still got Mighty Maicer and the other guys that fill out the bench can’t be any worse than Gary Matthews and Robb Quinlan were last year, so if anything, they have nowhere to go but up.