- The Story: Joel Pineiro was scratched from his start on Tuesday because he had a tooth fall out. The Monkey Says: How does a tooth just fall out? Joel, you make $8 million per year, get your ass to a dentist every once in awhile, I’m pretty sure you can afford it.
- The Story: Chris Pettit is out for the season after opting to undergo surgery to repair a torn labrum in his shoulder. The Monkey Says: And then there were two. The fifth outfielder job is now pretty much up to just Reggie Willits and Terry Evans now with Willits holding a major edge, though there is a small chance the Angels end up carrying them both.
- The Story: Scot Shields and Kevin Jepsen pass their test. The Monkey Says: They both threw simulated games today and each got very positive reviews. Hopefully they will appear in a real game in the very near future.
- The Story: Hideki Matsui is showing off a great sense of humor early in camp. The Monkey Says: More importantly, Matsui got to show off his bat for the first time yesterday as he finally made his spring debut for the team.
- The Story: True Grich ponders the meaning of the Angels’ new slogan, “Tradition.” The Monkey Says: I tend to think the new slogan is more about the Angels establishing a new tradition of being a perennial contender and playing the game their way.