- The Story: Torii Hunter now vows to watch what he says around reporters. The Monkey Says: And that is a damn shame. Not to be an Angel apologist, but Hunter is one of the nicest and most congenial men in baseball and now he has been turned off from being himself with the press and that is really everyone’s loss.
- The Story: Actually, Torii Hunter had a valid point. The Monkey Says: He just stated it poorly is all. It is really quite sad that there are multiple teams in the league that will have one or zero African-Americans on the Opening Day roster. If this were basketball or football, that would be cause for moral outrage but it seems to be more than acceptable in baseball.
- The Story: Mike Scioscia knows there won’t be any locker room problems after Torii Hunter’s comments. The Monkey Says: Nor should it. Not to beat a dead horse here, but everyone loves Torii Hunter and one little case of “foot in mouth” disease should not make him a pariah.
- The Story: Jered Weaver changed his off-season throwing program to avoid arm trouble. The Monkey Says: Thus far it has helped Jered avoid his annual spring arm soreness, so it seems to be working.
- The Story: Scot Shields will make his spring debut today but Kevin Jepsen is still being held out. The Monkey Says: That is great news for Shields, but mildly concerning news for Jepsen since he seemed to be on the same schedule as Shields up until now.
- The Story: Journeyman Michael Ryan is hoping to earn a bench spot with the Angels. The Monkey Says: Ryan is on fire in camp right now, but I just don’t see the Angels bringing him on board when they have two young guys (Reggie Willits and Terry Evans) who are probably just as capable as Ryan.