- The Story: Five question for the Los Angeles Angels. The Monkey Says: Interesting that depth is a question for this Angel team, because I don’t really see it being a major issue. Izturis is a super-sub and Mike Napoli can move to DH if injury strikes in the outfield, not to mention an owner who will pay to upgrade the roster through a trade if the need arises.
- The Story: Reggie Willits and Maicer Izturis both returned to action. The Monkey Says: There was never much concern for Izturis but it is good news for Willits since he was in danger of losing his roster spot due to his hamstring injury.
- The Story: Scott Kazmir’s shoulder passes the test. The Monkey Says: And a sigh of relief washes over Angel fans everywhere. Kaz says the shoulder “fatigue” was never that big a deal anyway. Let’s hope he is telling the truth and not going all Joe Saunders and keeping his pain quiet “for the good of the team.”
- The Story: Erick Aybar’s head-first style has to go. The Monkey Says: Sure, it presents an injury risk, but does sliding head-first really need to be a big concern? To me it shows an aggressive mentality and I would hate to see it curbed because of putting the fear of injury in his head.
- The Story: Mike Scioscia will name his Opening Day starter on Thursday. The Monkey Says: I’ll spare you the anticipation, it is Jered Weaver.
- The Story: Brandon Wood”s time has finally come. The Monkey Says: At least until he goes into a slump for the first, then Maicer Izturis’ time will come once again. Call me a pessimist if you want, but you know it is true.
- The Story: Bobby Wilson is hoping to catch on. The Monkey Says: He will, it just won’t likely be with the Angels. There just is no way the Angels are going to break camp with three catchers, no matter how highly they think of Wilson.
- The Story: An attempt at projecting the Angels 25-man roster. The Monkey Says: Nice try, but they got one wrong. Freddy Sandoval isn’t going to make the roster. The final bench spot is likely going to go to Michael Ryan or maybe Terry Evans.