- The Angels held a private memorial service for Nick Adenhart before Thursday’s game.
- Looks like Pedro Martinez is going to sign soon, but not with the Angels which will undoubtedly upset more than a few Halo fans. Pedro hasn’t been good for a few years now, so this is no great loss. He is much better off joining an NL club at this stage of his career.
- Last night’s hero, Matt Palmer, very nearly gave up on his baseball career a few years ago. I don’t know if he Palmer will have a real pro career, but you always have to love a story of perseverance.
- Injury update: Lackey and Santana should begin their rehab assignments this weekend. Finally, some good news on the injury front for once.
- Steve Bisheff jumps to the defense of Scot Shields. I agree, for once, with Bisheff. Shields has been so steady for so long that the guy is entitled to a bad stretch every so often. It looks to me like his mechanics are a bit wonky, so I think he’ll get back on track pretty soon.
- An interesting look at where Mike Scioscia’s style of play originated from and whether or not it is still relevant.