- Steve Bisheff is now openly campaigning to get Brandon Wood called up and issuing a call to action to fans. Look, I think he should be called up too, but relax a bit OK. The Angels are playing pretty well right now and are about to get most of their injured players back. Let’s drop the Chicken Little act for a bit, OK?
- Absolutely hilarious diagram of Mike Scioscia’s thought process for making pitching changes.
- Howie Kendrick sucks so much that he got a homer taken away on a day he didn’t even play. MLB overturned his inside-the-park homer and changed it to an error.
- Yesterday’s game was the first time since 1991 that the Angels have hit three triples in the same game. I’m sure your life is richer now that you know that.
- INJURY UPDATE: Vlad Guerrero is slated to take live batting practice (as oppose to tape-delayed batting practice) today. The team says that places him on pace to return within 10 to 14 days.
- Amazingly, the Angels average attendance is higher this year than it was this time last season, but they were unable to sell out any of their six games against the Red Sox. The easy thing to do is blame the economy, but I think Angel fans are just avoiding the games for fear of post-traumatic stress induced flashbacks.
- Big John Lackey is chomping at the bit to get back on the mound. He’ll get his chance this Saturday in Arlington.
- The OC Register has created a list of the top 10 “clean” baseball players, with Vlad in at number 10. Please note that this list is based on zero scientific evidence (especially when the inevitable Albert Pujols scandal breaks three years from now).