- PUFF PIECE ALERT: Darren Oliver gets some much deserved love as the Angels’ on reliable reliever right now.
- A’s catcher Kurt Suzuki is starting a fund to raise money for Jon Wilhite, the lone survivor of the Nck Adenhart car crash. Kind of makes it hard to continue hating Oakland, but I think I can find a way.
- INJURY UPDATE: Dustin Moseley isn’t progressing as fast as the Angels would like in his injury comeback.
- The absence of Vlad Guerrero and Manny Ramirez has rendered the Angels-Dodgers series unwatchable according to FOX television. The network is passing on airing any of the games this weekend AND next month for their Saturday game of the week. Great, I can’t wait to watch the Phillies play the Yankees instead of the Angels against the best team in baseball.
- INJURY UPDATE #2: Kelvim Escobar threw a side session with the team yesterday and is now slated to join Single-A Rancho Cucamonga this Friday. The plan is for Escobar to rehab as a starter, but I suspect that he comes back as a reliever in order to both plug up the leaky bullpen and protect his arm (not to mention supress his value headed into free agency).
- Speaking of bullpen help, Rudy Seanez officially signed his minor-league deal yesterday. As scary as it sounds, the Angels really need him to get up to speed quickly to give them some stability in the bullpen.
- INJURY UPDATE #3: Vladimir Guerrero will be joining Kelvim Escobar on the rehab assignment with the Quakes this Friday. If all goes well, Vlady could be back with the Angels as early as Monday
- Steve Bisheff is coming to the defense of struggling Howie Kendrick.
- Matt Palmer is becoming a hero in his hometown.