- Two Angel farmhands were arrested for assault Tuesday. Matt Oye and Mike Rocco allegedly beat up a man outside of a bar in Tempe. Oye put his baseball skills to use by reportedly repeatedly striking the beaten man with a metal pipe. C’mon Matt, you are a pro now, you know you should be using wood instead of aluminum now. Oye and Rocco are likely to be released from their contracts with the Tempe Angels shortly.
- The Nick Adenhart case developed an interesting wrinkle yesterday when it was revealed that the underage driver of the vehicle Adenhart was in had a blood-alcohol level of .06, well over the legal limit for an underage driver. Based on descriptions of the accident, it seems unlikely that her blood-alcohol level played a role in the accident, but it might in the legal case against Andrew Gallo, the driver of the car that struck Adenhart’s vehicle. I am no lawyer nor do I play one on TV, but this could be a mitigating factor Gallo’s lawyer could use to have his potential sentence greatly reduced.
- PUFF PIECE ALERT: Brian Fuentes is apparently thriving in the one-inning role. Umm, isn’t that what he is supposed to do?
- T.J. Simers recently tried to get in Howie Kendrick’s head. I like that Simers seldom ever pays attention to the Angels but managed to carve out a little bit of time to try and push Kendrick’s buttons.
- Halos Heaven has a nice synopsis of the Angels picks from day two of the draft including their fixation on drafting Universtiy of Washington QB Jake Locker.
- The Angels are trying to pump up Kevin Jepsen as a potential solution for the Bullpen of Doom, of course that is just because they are ignoring the fact that he can’t even get Triple-A batters out.