- Already it is being asked why Izturis is starting over Sean Rodriguez. The bottom line is Sosh loves Izzy and Izzy is hot right now, so S-Rod is going to have to really impress to get into the line-up.
- Kelvim Escobar is excited at the opportunity to not only join the bullpen but potentially take over for Scot Shields as the set-up man.
- The Angels have signed nine draft picks already including first day picks Patrick Corbin and Tyler Kehrer. Great, now just 47 more picks to go.
- Ultimately, Sean Rodriguez got the promotion over Brandon Wood because the Angels weren’t willing to move Chone Figgins to second base. Besides, Wood already did his two-week sentence of pine-riding already this season, now its Rodriguez’s turn.
- Who says Vlad isn’t back? Thus far this season 54.6% of the pitches he has swung at have been out of the strike zone.
- Mike Scioscia insists that the recent demotions of Howie Kendrick and Jose Arredondo were not intended as messages to the rest of the clubhouse and all about getting two promising young players back on track.
- Sean Rodriguez has nothing but glowing remarks about Brandon Wood’s defense at his newly assigned position of first base. Excellent, now I have another reason to be upset that he hasn’t been called up yet.
- INJURY UPDATE: Kelvim Escobar will test out his balky shoulder in a throwing session, most likely today. How that session goes will determine if Esco ends up on the disabled list or in the bullpen.