- INJURY UPDATES: Ervin Santana’s MRI came back normal, which has to be a huge relief for him and the team. As for Torii Hunter, the team docs want him to sit out until Friday, but Torii is already lobbying to get in today’s game.
- A friendly reminder not to get too excited about the Angels’ winning streak because it has come largely against crappy pitching.
- What was Sean O’Sullivan’s reward for his great start? A demotion to the minors until he is needed again, which is entirely dependent on Ervin Santana’s health. Rafael Rodriguez has been called up to take Sock’s place on the active roster.
- Scot Shields had his knee surgery yesterday, he is still expected to miss the rest of the season.
- Darren Oliver has little sympathy for former minor league teammate Sammy Sosa who was recently outed for using PEDs.
- Torii Hunter remains in fifth place in All-Star voting for AL outfielders. Based on the vote totals, it looks like that is as high as Hunter is going to get, but I think it should be good enough for him to make the All-Star team as a reserve.
- INJURY UPDATE: After getting burned by trying to rush back from injury twice already, Kelvim Escobar is going to take his time getting healthy again before joining the Halo bullpen. Great, thanks Escy, it isn’t like the bullpen needs you or anything. Take all the time you need.