- Brian Fuentes sheds some light on why he didn’t pitch in the All-Star Game. Apparently, he was first promised to pitch the sixth, but Bud Selig intervened and requested the starting pitchers go two innings instead of one forcing Joe Maddon to bump one pitcher and he apparently chose Fuentes. Once again, Bug Selig goes out of his way to make a seemingly good thing turn bad.
- While Fuentes is bent about getting bumped, Chone Figgins is taking it in stride and playing the “just happy to be chosen” card.
- Shane Loux is excited to be back on the active roster and hoping to be picked over Matt Palmer and Sean O’Sullivan to act as the Angels fifth starter this Monday.
- The Angels are losing the battle for the LA baseball TV market as their ratings have fallen from 1.4 to 1.2 this year while the Dodgers are up from 1.9 to 2.2. Freaking Manny.
- It’s that time of year again for someone to run a story on how Vladimir Guerrero’s mom is a great cook and feeds half the Angel clubhouse every home game.