- The Angels have kicked the tires on Baltimore closer George Sherrill (as have many other teams). I pontificated on such a move in last week’s Trade Talk and just don’t see the Angels trading for another left-handed reliever when their top two relievers (Fuentes and Oliver) are southpaws too. The bullpen needs to not only add talent but add balance as well.
- Top Halo prospect Jordan Walden has landed on the DL in the minors and it might very well take that Anels out of the Halladay sweepstakes in the process.
- Common sense prevails at last! When Vladimir Guerrero returns from the disabled list he will be strictly limited to designated hitter duties.
- PUFF PIECE ALERT: The Angels are trying to drum up some MVP buzz for Chone Figgins. Look, Figgy is having a great year, but he isn’t going to win the MVP. In fact, he may not even be the MVP of the Angels this year.
- Sean O’Sullivan is going to get the first chance at the fifth starter spot today with Bobby Wilson being sent to Triple-A to make room for Sully.
- John Lackey is starting to find his stuff again and is ready to lead both on and off the field now.
- The Rudy Seanez experiment has come to an end with his release from the Salt Lake Bees.
- The Angels could be ready to recall Jose Arredondo to the majors soon. Even if Dondo comes back and starts killing it, the Angels would still be well advised to acquire another quality reliever.
- Despite a slew of potential free agents, the Angels are content to wait on negotiating new contracts until the season is over. This shouldn’t be big news since it is generally the Angels philosophy to not talk contracts in mid-season.