- The Story: Gar “The Batting Stance Guy” Ryness will soon be a regular on the Fox Sports Angel broadcasts. The Monkey Says: Are you frakking kidding me? As if being subjected to Phys and Hud on a regular basis we now have to watch this ass clown every game?!?! It might be funny for a like a week, but he is going to get real old real fast.
- The Story: Erick Aybar is finally filling his potential as one of the hottest hitters on the face of the earth this month. The Monkey Says: PUFF PIECE ALERT!!!! Aybar is going as good as humanly possible right now. He’ll come back to earth soon, it is just a question now about how far down he’ll fall.
- The Story: Jose Arredondo is over his elbow inflammation and pitching well in Salt Lake in hopes of returning to the majors soon. The Monkey Says: Clearly that piece was written before Dondo walked three batters and allowed three runs (one earned) in a loss for Salt Lake last night. looks like he might have to wait a bit longer to get promoted.
- The Story: ESPN’s Rob Neyer calls out Steve Physioc and Rex Hudler for not knowing that Yuniesky Betancourt actually isn’t a very good shortstop. The Monkey Says: Finally the lousy Angel announcers get taken to task for not knowing anything (FYI, Betancourt is one of the worst fielders in the league). Neyer tries to couch his criticism a bit by saying he is amazed how the internet has allowed fans to have a better grasp than supposed professionals but that is only because he doesn’t know that Hud and Phys are routinely guilty of such idiocy.
- The Story: I only saw it tweeted this morning (can’t remember who now, sorry!) but supposedly the Angels are demoting Sean O’Sullivan and calling up Terry Evans prior to today’s game. The Monkey Says: If true, it is an interesting move because that means Sully is not going to be eligible to start on Saturday, the fifth starter’s normal turn in the rotation (barring an Angel going on the DL before then). I thought he did enough yesterday to earn the start but apparently Palmer or Loux will be getting the call. Stay tuned. Update: Sully is getting passed over so he doesn’t have to start on three days rest. Makes sense to me, moving on…