- The Story: The Angels pose the biggest threat to the Yankees. The Monkey Says: Thank you, Captain Obvious. What tipped you off? The fact that the Angels have made the Yankees their bitch THIS ENTIRE CENTURY?
- The Story: Chone Figgins will be signing autographs at the Costco in Fountain Valley next Friday at 11:30 and Howie Kendrick will be doing the same thing at the same time, but at the AT&T Store in Seal Beach. The Monkey Says: Go get ’em autograph hounds. Though I am surprised Kendrick will be at AT&T rather than a Howard’s Superstore.
- The Story: Continuity is the key to the Angels’ perennial success. The Monkey Says: No team is even close to having so many holdovers on their roster from a the 2006 season as the Halos. Of course, the Angels have the payroll flexibility to keep the team intact like some other teams don’t, but they also don’t spend frivolously like a certain big-spending bunch of jerks in the Bronx.
- The Story: A few reasons why Angel fans should expect the Rangers to hang in the AL West race until the end. The Monkey Says: I, for one, kept waiting for Texas to fall off, but it certainly looks like they are for real. I don’t think they have the experience and depth to overtake LA, but they should be able to keep the pressure on.
- The Story: The Angels are still waiting for Jose Arredondo to turn things around. The Monkey Says: Check out the quote from Mike Butcher in there, it certainly doesn’t sound like the organization is terribly happy with Jose, which is a real bad sign considering maturity issues have followed him his entire minor league career.
- The Story: Maicer Izturis never doubted that Kendry Morales was going to be a star when given the chance. The Monkey Says: Who knew that Mighty Maicer had such an eye for talent?
- The Story: Mike Scioscia is lobbying for both Chone Figgins and Erick Aybar to win Gold Gloves. The Monkey Says: Both certainly have a case, but I will be taking a more in-depth look at the real defensive credentials of the Angel roster later on today to see if the stats back up these claims.
- AL West Update: The Rangers trounced the Twins last night to pick up a game on the Angels. The Monkey Says: The lead is back to 5.5 games for the Angels who will now face the flailing Blue Jays while Texas heads to Tampa to take on the Rays.