- The Story: Kendry Morales talks about how his development into a burgeoning star. The Monkey Says: Kendry doesn’t reveal much other than he knows how to give vanilla answers but he definitely sounds very mature.
- The Story: Bobby Abreu was named AL Player of the Month for July. The Monkey Says: I know the Angels have a policy of not negotiating contracts during the season, but Abreu would be a good guy to make an exception for.
- The Story: Bobby Abreu talks about how much he loves playing for the Angels. The Monkey Says: However, Bobby stops short of explicitly saying he wants to re-sign, but he did hint strongly at it. Let’s hope that hint is strong enough to keep him in town for a reasonable price.
- The Story: The Angels are offering a few games where kids can get tickets for $3. The Monkey Says: This is why Arte Moreno continues to be the best owner in sports.
- The Story: Howie Kendrick is making the most of his limited role. The Monkey Says: Howie has hit will since being recalled but likely won’t supplant Maicer Izturis anytime soon, but at least he is taking it in stride.
- The Story: Torii Hunter suffered a setback in his recovery and will not begin a rehab assignment as planned. The Monkey Says: ???
- The Story: Sean Rodriguez impressed Mike Scioscia in his recent brief time with the team. The Monkey Says: Well, that’s nice and all but we’ll see if it ever translates to him getting regular playing time this year or, more likely, next year.