- The Story: Chone Figgins will be in high demand as a free agent but may not be willing to listen. The Monkey Says: Figgy gives some very interesting quotes in this piece and they all sound very much like a guy who is willing to stay in Anaheim for a discount. That is great news considering the big bucks teams like the Yankees and White Sox figure to throw at him this off-season.
- The Story: The Angels’ organizational meetings began on Wednesday. The Monkey Says: These are the meetings where all the top decision makers in the Angel organization get together to review their prospect development and map out their strategy for the big league roster next year. If any rumors are going to start about the Angels re-signing anyone, these meeting will be the impetus for those rumors.
- The Story: Mike Napoli is one homer away from tying the Angel record for career home runs by a catcher. The Monkey Says: Bengie Molina and Lance Parrish currently share the record of 61 which pretty much speaks to what a meaningless milestone this really is.
- The Story: Jon Heyman points out that there have been no recent talks between the Angels and John Lackey regarding a new contract. The Monkey Says: This is a fact that is supposed to cause alarm, but the Angels have a policy of not talking contract during the season, so it is really just business as usual.
- AL West Update: The Rangers thumped Cleveland yesterday and have an off day today. The Monkey Says: Texas remains 4.5 games back. They do begin a nine-game homestand on Friday though (including three games against the Angels), their last real homestand of the year, so if they are going to make a move to cut into the Angels’ lead, it will start tomorrow.