- The Story: Mike Scioscia says he is OK with John Lackey’s critical comments after his last start. The Monkey Says: Big John called out Morales for his fielding blunder in Tuesday’s loss. I can’t imagine Sosh is really all that cool with Lackey shooting his mouth off, but he has to do some damage control for a team that is visibly frustrated at their inability to win in Fenway.
- The Story: Both Brian Fuentes and Mike Scioscia were critical of the “ball four” call that tied last night’s game. The Monkey Says: Not to re-open the wound so soon, but they are totally right about how terrible that call was, but if I was Brian Fuentes I would be more pissed off at myself for being unable to get anyone out.
- The Story: Steve Bisheff agrees that last night’s loss should be on Fuentes, not the umpire. The Monkey Says: I will now proceed to burst into flames.
- The Story: The Angels’ four catchers are having fun with their new game rotation. The Monkey Says: They call themselves the “Four Amigos” now but they have been producing like the Four Zeros lately so I hope they get all their yuks out of the way and get back to focusing on production.
- AL West Update: Trevor Cahill and two relievers combined on a one-hit shutout of the Rangers. The Monkey Says: At least this week hasn’t been all bad for the Angels as the Rangers are playing just as horribly. The AL West lead remains at six games with Texas idle today. The Angels’ magic number is now 12.