- The Story: A review in photos of some of the best and worst Angel deadline deals. The Monkey Says: That was kind of painful to go through. I had forgotten all about how bad that Greg Gohr for Damion Easley deal was.
- The Story: Now that Sean Rodriguez is off to Tampa to complete the Kazmir deal, Rob Neyer thinks the trade was a no-brainer for the Rays. The Monkey Says: Even though the PTBNL is now known, I bet Rays fans still don’t think too highly of the team trading one of their best starting pitchers in the middle of the Wild Card race.
- The Story: Trevor Bell, raised in La Crescenta, has his mind on friends and family being affected by the raging Station Fire. The Monkey Says: As a guy who had to be evacuated from his home earlier this year due to a nearby fire, my thoughts go out to everyone affected by the current fires in the LA area.
- The Story: Trevor Bell is excited for to get a chance to pitch out of the bullpen. The Monkey Says: If he keeps pitching like he did in his one relief appearance, the Angels will be excited to have him out there too.
- AL West Update: The Rangers swept their doubleheader of the Blue Jays yesterday, but may have lost Michael Young to a hamstring injury. The Monkey Says: The Rangers cut the Angels’ AL West lead to 4.5 games, but Young is headed in for an MRI today, so he is bound to miss at least a few games and possibly much longer.