- The Story: Mike Scioscia thinks it is a “joke” that the Angels had to make an East Coast Trip in late-September. The Monkey Says: I have to say I agree. If MLB really wants to foster pennant races, then teams should be playing strictly in division the final month of the season.
- The Story: Juan Rivera apologized for breaking into a home run trot on a double he hit Monday night. The Monkey Says: It is nice to see Rivera show some humility after that gaffe, but I still want him to apologize for not diving on the game-winning single in the Boston game.
- The Story: Bobby Wilson could be kept on the playoff roster as a third catcher. The Monkey Says: That seems like an odd decision, but the Angels have nobody else who is deserving of the final bench spot and it gives Sosh the flexibility to start Mathis and pinch-hit with Napoli later without having to worry about a catcher getting hurt.
- The Story: The Angels aren’t the only team that has learned a lot from Bobby Abreu. The Monkey Says: The Yankee players all had great things to say about Bobby who clearly has a future as a hitting coach or manager if he chooses to pursue it.
- The Story: Erick Aybar is maturing as a player and a person this year. The Monkey Says: And that is why he is a cornerstone of the Angels franchise.
- AL West Update: The Rangers got clobbered by the Athletics last night, 9-1. The Monkey Says: Texas failed to pick up a game on the Angels, remaining 7.5 games back, but LAA’s magic numbers is now down to 5.