- The Story: Kevin Jepsen is inspired by the memory of his deceased father. The Monkey Says: That hardship is what Jepsen draws upon to overcome any other obstacles he has faced and thus far it seems to be working.
- The Story: After struggling mentally early in the season, Howie Kendrick has found his mental “happy place.” The Monkey Says: Howie was getting tips from everyone before his demotion, now it looks like he should be advising the rest of the team on how to get their bats going again.
- The Story: The LA Angels are just like the USC Trojans. The Monkey Says: Since they are being compared for being perennial contenders who can’t win the big one, this is quite the backhanded compliment.
- The Story: The core of the Angels is powered by homegrown talent. The Monkey Says: Rip on the Stoneman era all you want for his lack of trade activity, but he did a great job building the farm system. Their prospect depth is starting to run a little thin though, so the Halos best refocus their efforts in that area.
- The Story: AngelsWIn.com interviews top Angel pitching prospect Jordan Walden. The Monkey Says: Walden has high praise for fellow prospect Hank Conger, but more importantly lets it be known that his injured arm is doing well in terms of recovery.
- AL West Update: The Rangers got stomped by the Athletics, 12-3, yesterday. The Monkey Says: The Rangers now trail the Angels by 7 games and their loss reduced LAA’s magic number to 4.