- The Story: The Angels celebrated their third straight AL West title last night. The Monkey Says: And the team put on a hell of a celebration afterwards, even partying with Nick Adenhart’s jersey, which was totally awesome (thought slightly in bad taste to soak the jersey in booze given that he died in a drunk driving accident). With Nick being such an inspiration for them all season, it was a nice touch by the team to center the celebration around Adenhart’s memory.
- The Story: Reggie Willits’ pinch-running and bunting abilities are likely to earn him a spot on the playoff roster. The Monkey Says: It is the least they could do for Reggie who deserved to be on the big league roster all season long, but got squeezed out by the need for extra bullpen help and Gary Matthews’ onerous contract.
- The Story: Mike Scioscia believes that Bobby Abreu is the team MVP. The Monkey Says: Kendry Morales may have had better numbers, but Abreu’s fingerprints are all over this team with their improved plate discipline that they largely learned from Bobby.
- The Story: Despite recent back stiffness, Jered Weaver should be good to go tonight. The Monkey Says: This is a good sign for Weaver’s health since there is no need to push him now that the division is clinched, so there must not be any real concern over the back problem.
- The Story: Could Mike Scioscia be the real MVP of the Angels? The Monkey Says: This has year has been the best managerial job Sosh has ever done and he should at least win AL Manager of the Year.
- The Story: Jeff Mathis is day-to-day with strep throat. The Monkey Says: This should give Mike Napoli a shot at earning back the primary catcher job, but I also wouldn’t be surprised to see Bobby Wilson get a spot start.
- The Story: The Angels might be too happy with their AL West championship. The Monkey Says: I am already sick of this eye on the prize mentality, let the boys have their fun. You know what, I feel a tirade coming on, check back later today for it.
- AL West Update: Update? What update? We the AL West champs, bitches!!!! The Monkey Says: ???