- The Story: ESPN’s Buster Olney thinks the Red Sox power pitching will overpower the Angels again in the ALDS. The Monkey Says: I’m not listening, lalalala! I can’t hear you, lalalalala!
- The Story: AngelsWin.com profiles Bill McDonald, host of Angels Live. The Monkey Says: In case you ever wondered what the overly tanned pre and post-game show host was like.
- The Story: Lousy pitching by the back of the bullpen makes the Halo relief corps’ stats look worse than they really are. The Monkey Says: That is very true, the Angel relievers that are likely to make the post-season roster have all pitched well lately, expect Brian Fuentes, which could very well be the Angels’ Achilles heel this post-season.
- The Story: The Angels players saw nothing wrong about their celebration with NIck Adenhart’s jersey. The Monkey Says: Nor did Nick’s family, so neither should you. The players just wanted to celebrate with Nick as if he were still there, which is actually pretty touching, so anyone still in a tizzy over the booze-soaked jersey can feel free to get off their high horse now.
- The Story: Mike Scioscia will keep Bobby Abreu in the two-hole in the post-season. The Monkey Says: This is no surprise since that is the batting order that has worked well of late.
- The Story: The Angel rotation is getting shuffled in the wake of the division title. The Monkey Says: Kazmir got scratched last night and Matt Palmer will take over for Jered Weaver today, so the regular starters will clearly see limited action the rest of the week. The actual post-season rotation won’t be announced until this weekend.
- The Story: Bobby Abreu believes that this will be the Angels’ year and is excited to go through the Yankees to do it. The Monkey Says: Wow, an Angel actually showing some real hunger to win?!?! I am shocked. Not that the guys don’t want to win, but to a man they all are much more reserved in their public comments.
- The Story: Torii Hunter doesn’t care about the Angels’ history against the Red Sox. The Monkey Says: That is the right thing to say, but I guarantee you that when the games start it will be in the back of every Angels’ mind.