Update, 12:50 p.m.:
Tuukka Rask in is goal for Boston this afternoon, not Thomas.
…Rask is a good goalie but that is a big time break for the Rangers.
The New York Rangers (40-30-5, 85 pts., 7th in East) visit the Boston Bruins (41-22-10, 92 pts., 3rd in East) at TD Garden today starting at 1:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG; Radio: 1050AM ESPN Radio, XM 205
Henrik Lundqvist – 32-24-5, 2.28 gaa, .922 sv%, 10 so.
Tim Thomas – 31-10-8, 2.02 gaa, .938 sv%, 8 so.
– The Bruins are 2-0-0 in the first two games of their three game home stand outscoring their opponents 11-1.
– Zdeno Chara has six points (1g, 5a) in his last two games
– The Bruins are 3 for their last 40 with the man-advantage.
– The Bruins are 31-1-3 when holding a two-goal lead at any point in a game this year, 20-1-2 when scoring the first two goals of the game and 22-0 with a three-goal lead.
– David Krejci has 3g, 9a in the last 10 games
– Milan Lucic has 18 points (6g, 12a) in the last 14 games.
– Michael Ryder has no goals in his last 10 games, one in his last 18.
– Tomas Kaberle has 1g, 5a in 15 games since being aquired from the Maple Leafs.
– Marc Savard (concussion) is out for the season.
2010-11 Season Series:
Oct. 23 Rangers 3, Bruins 2 at Boston
Nov. 17 Rangers 2 vs. Bruins 3 at MSG
March 26 Rangers vs. Bruins at Boston
April 4 Rangers vs. Bruins at MSG
Days of Y’Orr