After losing only their second game all season at home in the AT&T Center, the San Antonio Spurs (24-11) will look to start a new home-game winning streak as they host the lowly Charlotte Bobcats (4-29) tonight.
The Bobcats and Spurs will meet for the only time during this truncated season and history is on the Spurs side in the Alamo City. Charlotte is 1-6 all time in San Antonio which bodes well for the Spurs after dropping a game to the Bulls this past week.
For a complete preview of tonight’s game, check out Project Spurs’ Paul Garcia’s preview but as you get ready for tonight’s matchup, here are five things to keep an eye on.
- Maggette is doubling up. Corey Maggette has scored in double figures in seven straight games and is averaging 16.4 points during this stretch.
- Don’t let the Bobcats get hot from the field! The Bobcats are 2-0 on the road when they shoot 50% or higher.
- Note if Charlotte is leading or losing after two quarters. On the road, the Bobcats are 2-4 if they lead at the end of the second quarter and 0-13 if they trail at the end of the second on the road.
- Spurs’ bench needs to be firing on all cylinders tonight. When outscored by the opponents bench on the road, Charlotte is 0-8.
- Be worried if it is a high-scoring game tonight. On the road, the Bobcats are 1-0 when they score 110-119 points.
Matchup to watch: Tony Parker vs. D.J. Augustin. Here is how the two fared against one another (via NBA.com) last season.