The San Antonio Spurs (12-7) will face the Minnesota Timberwolves (8-10) tonight at the Target Center as the Spurs hope the road will be kind to them yet again.
In their first meeting this season, Minnesota snapped its 16-game losing streak against San Antonio with a 106-96 win. In that game, Kevin Love totaled 24 points, and 15 rebounds while Michael Beasley chipped in 19 points. Richard Jefferson and Tim Duncan paced the Spurs with 16 points apiece. However, it was also the game Manu Ginobili fractured his hand.
But as San Antonio enters tonight’s contest, here are five things to keep an eye on tonight.
- Let’s get a high-scoring affair going Spurs! Minnesota is 0-5 when allowing 100 points or more.
- Spurs should make sure to be leading at the end of the third quarter. The Timberwolves are 6-2 when leading or tied after three quarters.
- Minnesota cranks up the “D” in the fourth quarter. Minnesota ranks 4th in the NBA in 4th-quarter field goal percentage defense at 40.7%.
- Be careful when Rubio is around the ball on defense. Ricky Rubio swiped a season-high six steals in a win over the Detroit Pistons this season.
- Do not let the Timberwolves get hot from the three-point land Spurs! The Wolves are 4-1 this season when hitting 10 or more three-pointers and 4-2 when attempting at least 23 shots from behind the arch. Oh and another note — they are also 10th in the N.B.A. in three-point percentage defense at 32.7%.